During the past months I have been participating in a course about supervision. The course, which runs over several days, covers master, PhD and fellow supervision and use results from research, practice and experiences from the participants. It aims at strengthen the participants’ overall supervisory skills in the form of
- clear and specific criteria-based guidance
- better feedback when commenting on text from the student
- establishment and maintenance of a mutually binding supervision agreement
- initial, ongoing and final project evaluation and feedback
- using meta-communication of supervision content and processes
The course included video-filming ourselves in doing supervision which was a good way of seeing how one actually perform. The course can be recommended to all university staff doing supervision.